February is here, and you know what that means. Everything is heart-shaped, clothing
brands are coming out with red and pink collections, and teddy bears are on most girls’ wish list
(personally, I want new sneakers). Yep, you guessed it, Valentine’s Day.
For those of us that are going out on this lovey-dovey holiday, I’ve got you covered. I
know Paris is the city of love, but Cairo has some great options too!
- Roastery, Heliopolis
You don’t have to spend your life’s savings this v-day. Roastery is one of my more affordable
picks on this list, and it’s just as delicious. The dim lights and candle lit tables are perfect for a
romantic setting. Not to mention, the great menu they have to offer. Steak, chicken, pasta,
you’re bound to find something you like there. And don’t forget to try their dessert! Their
cheesecake is to die for.
- Crimson, Zamalek This hidden gem is located right on the edge of Zamalek, and overlooks the Nile. While this restaurant is more on the pricier side, you won’t regret taking a trip there. The atmosphere, the menu, it’s definitely for more refined tastes. You must try the grilled octopus.
- Nisantasi (Nasr City, Tagamoa) If you’re a fan of Turkish food, or even if you’re not – Nisantasi is one of the best restaurants in Cairo, at least in my opinion. This casual, oriental style sit down restaurant will leave you, your significant other, and your stomach happy. Their pide is the best thing my mouth has ever experienced
- Il Pennello (Heliopolis) If you’re looking to do something other than just dinner, look no further! Il Pennello is a ceramic cafe/restaurant, so you can paint a mug/plate while you eat! Think of it as a sort of art class withyour date, or if you’re spending v-day with your friends, that’s totally valid too. Best part, you get to keep your creation!
- Lucca (Kempinski Hotel, Tagamoa) Now I know what you’re thinking – a restaurant in a hotel? Do I look like I have money to blow my nose in? Well, don’t worry. Lucca’s price points actually don’t differ much from other sit down restaurants in Cairo. Don’t believe me? Take a look at their menu for yourself.If you want to go the fancy route, this is the best choice for you.
- Mo Bistro (Mohandessein) Another sit down restaurant, Mo Bistro has won a place in my heart with their menu. Duck salad, truffle rigatoni pasta, cranberry brie cigars, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. Seriously, this restaurant is another one of Cairo’s hidden gems. And if you’re up for it, you can take a walk around the neighbourhood when you’re done eating (if you can even breathe).
These restaurants are some of my top picks for eating out in Cairo, so even if you’re not going out on Valentine’s day, definitely think about going to one some other time! And, Valentine’s day isn’t just for couples. It’s a day of love. Take your mom out, go with your best friends, maybe a younger cousin, heck, even go by yourself. Self-love is important as always! On that note, happy Valentine’s day from me to all of you!