All we need in this Summer is a fresh nourishing Recipes that helps us to survive during this weather , starting with fresh snacks
Hummus Snack Packs
- 400 g can chickpeas drained
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp lemon Juice 00 g baby carrots
- 200 g cucumbers
Tip the chickpeas , garlic , coriander , 1 tsp lemon and the oil , then blitz with a blender until you have the perfect consistency , spoon the humus into small containers then you are ready to enjoy your dip .
Greek Chicken Salad :
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp. minced pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar, plus more to taste
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
Black pepper, to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 head lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c. pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Pita chips, for topping
- 1) For the chicken: Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and oregano in a bowl, then pour all but 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken to the bag, seal and turn to coat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- 2) Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Remove the chicken from the marinade, season with the salt and pepper and grill until cooked through, 8 to 9 minutes per side. Remove and let rest 10 minutes. Spoon the reserved marinade over the chicken and slice.
- 3)For the dressing: Combine the olives, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings (I almost always add a little more sugar).
- 4) For the salad: Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives and half the feta in a bowl.
- 5) Pour some of the dressing over the salad, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss. Add the chicken. Just before serving, top with more feta, more dressing and pita chips.
* To make your own pita chips: Cut 2 pitas into wedges and toss with olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano and a pinch of salt. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 375˚ until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool.
- 1/2 c. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lb. mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 15.5-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 c. chopped smoked almonds
- 1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 1/2 c. grated sweet potato (from 1 medium peeled potato)
- 3/4 c. Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped green onion
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 8 brioche buns, toasted
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Green leaf lettuce
- Sliced avocado
- Thinly sliced red onion
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms to the pan, and sprinkle with the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, paprika, and pepper to the pan. Cook, gently stirring occasionally, until the garlic is toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the drained chickpeas, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the work bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside. Layer the mushroom mixture, almonds, and rice or quinoa in the food processor; pulse until mushrooms are finely chopped and mixture is mostly combined, about 15 times.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to the large bowl with the blended chickpeas; add the sweet potato, breadcrumbs, parmesan, and green onion. Using a rubber spatula, fold all the ingredients together until combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 equal patties, about 3/4 cup each. Place on a parchment paper-lined platter or baking sheet and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 burgers to the pan; cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer burgers to a tray or platter and top with cheese, if you like. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the skillet and repeat with the remaining burgers.
- Spread Thousand Island dressing on the bottom buns, then layer with lettuce, burger patties, avocado, and onion. Spread more dressing on the bun tops and place on top of the burgers. Serve immediately.
Easy Taco Salad:
- tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground sirloin beef
- 1 1 oz. package taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 c. grated cheddar cheese
- 1 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 c. sliced red onion
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 limes, halved
- For serving: tortilla chips and sour cream
- Optional: thinly sliced jalapeño or hot sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat and cook for 6-7 minutes, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Add 2/3 cup of water and the taco seasoning mix. Stir well to combine. Add the black beans and stir gently to combine. Cook until the beans are warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Divide the lettuce among serving bowls. Top with grated cheese, the meat mixture, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and cilantro. Squeeze a lime half all over each salad, then dollop with sour cream. Add some fresh jalapeño slices or a dash of hot sauce if you like. Serve with tortilla chips.
BlueBerry Cheese Cake :
FOR THE CRUST:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. salted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 8-oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 c. blueberries
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3 c. blueberries
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 325°. Wrap heavy-duty foil around the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Spray the inside of the pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- For the filling: Beat the cream cheese on medium speed& until no lumps remain in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, about 2 minutes. Add the sour cream, sugar, flour, and salt. Beat until the batter is smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat on low speed until just combined after each addition. Continue scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Stir in the vanilla, lemon juice, and zest. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the filling into the springform pan and place it into a large roasting pan. Place both pans into the oven and quickly pour hot water into the roasting pan so that it comes up about halfway up the foil-wrapped springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set on the sides and just barely jiggles in the center when the pan is shaken. Turn the oven off and crack the door. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and carefully remove the foil. Transfer to a wire rack. Let the cheesecake continue cooling to room temperature, about 2 hours. Place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours to chill completely.
- For the topping: Combine the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until some of the blueberries start to break down and the sauce is thickened, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate until using.
- To serve: Run a thin knife along the edge of the pan before removing the sides from the pan. Top the cheesecake with the blueberry mixture just before serving.