Imagine getting married one day and end up by being killed !!
This is what most women in Egypt are exposed to. Marriage became a threat not a new chapter for a happier life, In fact, it became a sort of danger & fear.
That is what happened to the doctor who had been killed a few days ago by her husband in front of her three children as he stabbed her 11 times with a knife & many more stories we see during very short periods.
The victim’s family has said that she was abused and assaulted by the killer & that she refused to get divorced in order to save her home and children.
We as women are calling for justice, it’s not just a murder crime. It’s a humiliation for a whole gender and it’s not getting any better.
How to save married women’s life ?
Criminalizing marriage abuse & violence is the only solution. It’s a MUST. This law will give back the right for every woman who felt insulted in whatever way & will force men to respect their wives.
For example, whenever you get assaulted by your husband, you can call the police & receive back your respect. That’s it, only laws that magnify women’s role & existence in society.
What do you need to do as a woman in such situations ?
- speak up: you have all the right to say no & to leave, nothing can force you to live such miserable life.
- Fight the whole society: all women are exposed to these kind of words that they should bear this situation for the sake of their homes & babies which is the main reason for their sufferings.
- Believe in the power of social media: tell your story to the whole world even if you still can’t get out of this. But your voice will encourage many other women like you to scream & object.
- Get a proof for what you’re living: You can record a conversation or a situation where you get abused & humiliated in order to prove to the world that you’re living this tough life really.
- Raise your boys to be Real husbands & fathers not Killers: all what we experiencing today is because of these sick concepts inside the society & because of the discrimination between boys & girls all over the centuries.
It’s all about us. It’s all about our concepts & beliefs that gave all rights & freedoms for men. On the other side, treating women as slaves, blaming them all the time for their actions, clothes & maybe for breathing. All we need to say to society is that women are humans & all humans deserve respect.