She might not always be there eye to eye, but her presence can always be felt heart to heart! Such is the love of a mother! The symbolism of unconditional love, the epitome of strength, and the affirmation of the goodness in the World.
With so much that Moms give us, we must celebrate her efforts and love in the most special manner. Celebrate her day with all her favorite things!
Make her favorite dish for breakfast
It’s not always important to go outdoors to make an occasion special and unforgettable for someone. You can stay at home and cook your mom’s favorite dish for breakfast and surprise and delight her by serving her the breakfast on bed. She’ll be surprised and her day will have a lovely start.
You can also take her to her favorite restaurant for lunch and dinner and have some quality time with her.
Spend quality time with her.
Plan an entire day with her. Go shopping, watch a movie, or simply stay home and play some indoor games. What you do is not important; what’s more important is reconnecting with your mom and spending quality time with her.
Try doing something you’ve never done before: create an ice cream bar, sign up for cooking classes, become a tourist in your own town, plan a picnic. Your mom will truly think that it’s the thought that counts.
Gather photos as a gift.
Both scrapbooks and collages are all about preserving memories by creating an organized layout of photos and other items with sentimental value. The main difference between the two is that scrapbooks usually have lots of pages while a collage is one page or a poster-size cutout.
- Locate old pictures around the house. If all you have are digital copies, it’s very easy to print some anywhere.
- Find other items with sentimental value. For example, a ticket from your first concert together or a birthday card your mom gave to you when you were younger.
- Embellish your project by using patterned paper, stickers, ribbons, or other accessories to really make your creation sparkle.
- If scrapbooks or collages seem too common, there are plenty of other DIY gifts that can incorporate personal photos: coasters, clocks, lamps, phone cases and many more.
A Small Sweet Celebration filled with Surprises
A Bunch of Flowers, Delicious Cake and Small Note … A Complete Celebration!
Mothers are simple yet miraculous creations of God. They bestow upon us enormously and expect almost nothing in return but ‘love’. And what expresses love better than a bunch of flowers? What makes her happier than a warm message from you? What makes a celebration complete than a delicious mother’s day cake?
Surprise her with a small little celebration and make it a day to remember!
Saying something nice seems like such a simple gesture, but it can really add happiness to your mother’s day. Try compliments that are both original and heartfelt.
- Compliment her parenting. Talk about the lessons you’ve learned from her or how she has helped you grow as an individual.
- Compliment her taste. Does she have an eye for fashion? Is her food delicious? Whatever your mom does well, feel free to tell her so.
- Compliment her strength. Sometimes moms have the hardest job in the world. Show your appreciation for her ability to be a superwoman and tackle everything including motherhood.